Friday, March 16, 2007

Digital Bedouins - How Do They Manage Email?

Have you ever heard of a Bedouin? Neither had I until I read the article from SFGate, Where Neo-Nomad's Ideas Percolate. The word bedouin originated as a description of nomadic Arabs who wandered freely in the desert, frequently dreaming of the next battle. Although mobile office workers today probably feel like that sometimes, a Digital Bedouin refers to mobile office workers who use laptop computers and Wi-Fi connectivity to work from unorthodox locations. Sound like you? Me too. I fluctuate from home and the actual office and sometimes the ever-increasing (working) vacation. I haven't quite made it to the coffee shop yet, but I do make the occasional trip to the porch or the park with my laptop.

I think that many eMail Manager customers fit somewhere in this modern-day take on an old culture because many of us are slowly trading traditional work spaces for ones a little more inspiring (or less distracting). This is why many web application are getting so popular.

Are you a Bedouin? How do you manage your email (hopefully with eMail Manager)?

No comments: